Solicitation or promotion of products and services to attendees or exhibitors from non-exhibitors is strictly prohibited. The official definition of suitcasing is the parasitic business practice in which unethical companies will gain access to an event by obtaining some type of event credential (e.g., attendee badge, expo-only badge, etc.) and then solicit business in the aisles or other public spaces used for the event.
For those unfamiliar with the term, suitcasing refers to non-exhibitors who go to an event as an attendee, but pass out information, samples, etc. about their business from a suitcase, literally and figuratively. Suitcasers do not pay to exhibit, and yet they are enjoying access to attendees just the same as legitimate exhibitors.
Other Unacceptable Behavior
In addition to the above, Unacceptable Behavior is further defined as:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions of any kind.
- Verbal abuse of any exhibitor, attendee or other participant or IPPE team member. Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, religion, national origin, regarding competitors or other exhibitor products, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, supplier, speaker, presenter, facilitator, IPPE staff member, service provider or other show participant.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Unwelcome attention or deliberate stalking or intimidation of any participant.
- Real or implied threat of physical, professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of an exhibit, product demonstrations, educational or networking sessions, meetings or sessions or other events organized by IPPE throughout the event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any IPPE staff member.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of exhibits, product demonstrations, sessions, slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author's permission.
- Presentations, postings and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers or solicitation for services unless you are the session host or supplier. IPPE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- â€¢ Pop up banners, signs, flyers, magazines or other materials promoting an event or exhibitor are not allowed outside of exhibitor rented space (booth or meeting room) unless contracted as an IPPE sponsorship or media partner agreement. IPPE reserves the right to remove such materials and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Failure to stop unacceptable behavior when requested by a fellow participant or IPPE staff member.
- Sharing your IPPE credentials with other individuals.
- Derogatory social media or app posts against a competitor.
Right to Take Action
IPPE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. IPPE also reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting or trade show, digitally or in person.
Confidential product information may be shared in exhibitor booths, product demonstrations and in meetings. Participants agree not to use or disclose at any time any confidential information of any exhibitor or their affiliated groups, unless expressly authorized in writing and/or required by law. Taking photos, videos or capturing images of any product or booth display without the consent of exhibitors is forbidden.
By attending IPPE, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to the health and safety of the event and all persons attending. You will take necessary precautions while at the event including, but not limited to, adhering to all state and local regulations, and following the guidance of the CDC.
While IPPE and the Georgia World Congress Center work to implement procedures to safeguard participants, this not intended or implied in any way to be a guarantee against possible exposure to infectious diseases during attendance at the event.
By attending IPPE, you agree to voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure and agree to not hold IPPE or any of their affiliates including partners and sponsors, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, volunteers or sponsored venues liable for illness.
This Code of Conduct policy was last updated on July 13, 2023.